Board & Card Game Policies
The Dickinson Area Public Library (DPL) is pleased to introduce board & card games to our collection. The DPL board & card game collection aims to provide games for a wide range of ages and interests.
All materials in the collection were selected based on ratings and reviews. We welcome suggestions for items we do not have and are open to the possibility of expanding the collection in the future. We will consider donations in like-new condition. Please see the Donations & Gift Policy.
Games may be checked out for play in the library or at home. Games must be checked out to an eligible adult borrower on their library card.
This is a loan program only. The library staff is not available for instruction. Instructions are provided in the specific game box.
Borrowing Rules and Fees
· Board games may be checked out for seven days with an ADULT card only.
· Two board games may be checked out at a time.
· The patron is responsible for returning board games in good condition.
· Board games may be renewed up to two times if not on hold for another patron.
· Board games must be returned to the library circulation desk. Board games may not be returned in the book drop. A fee of $25.00 will be
assessed for games returned in the book drop.
· Borrowers are responsible for the safekeeping and return of all board game contents to the library. The borrowing patron will be responsible
for lost or damaged board games and accessories. They will be responsible for paying the actual replacement costs, as determined by the
library, up to and including the full cost of game replacement. The library will not accept a replacement game in lieu of a lost or damaged
board or card game unless the game is still in its original shrink wrap and has the same UPC code.
· The board game is not considered returned until all items within the box/case have been returned to the library in working condition. If any
pieces are missing upon return, the game will remain checked out to the patron until all pieces are returned. Item components not returned
in original working condition will be assessed a fee.
· Please report any damage or missing parts immediately to library staff.
Approved by the Library Board March, 2021